On September 22, 2022, Bill 25 concerning the protection of personal information will gradually come into effect over a period of three years. This law affects the standards of practice of health professionals, including psychologists.
As a psychologist and self-employed worker, I will now have the following responsibilities in my clinic:
- Applying the Privacy Act;
- Responding to requests for personal information (e.g. access, rectification, release, etc.);
- Implementing governance rules for personal information;
- Maintaining records of disclosure of personal information;
- Notifying the Commission d’accès à l’information of any privacy incidents involving personal information;
- Maintaining a log of privacy incidents involving personal information.
Other measures will also be in place by 2024: more information will follow.
Rachel Green, Ph.D., Psychologist
Clinic Privacy Officer